Personal data means information that relates to you as an individually identifiable person, such as your name, e-mail address, and phone number.
Collection of Information - What Personal Data We Collect
1. Information You Give Us
We collect personal data that you voluntarily provide us with through the Site. For example, we collect information from you when you fill out a contact request form on the Site.
The personal data we collect from you may include:
- Contact information, including your name, email address, and phone number
- Messages you send to Spytech - such as in a product query
- Product account information, or order information - such as in a request for technical support
2. Information We Collect Through Technology On The Site
We collect information through technology to enhance our ability to serve you. When you access and use the Site, Spytech and, in some cases, our third-party service providers collect information about how you interact with the Site.
When you visit the Site we collect your device identifier, browser information, and Internet Protocol (IP) address. An IP address is often associated with the portal you used to enter the Internet, like your Internet service provider (ISP), company, association, or university. While an IP address may reveal your ISP or geographic area, we cannot determine your identity solely based upon your IP address. We do not link your personal data to device identifier information, browser information, and IP addresses. Where, according to local law, IP addresses and the like are considered personal data, then we treat them as such.
If you prefer, you can choose to have your browser warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off cookies by adjusting your browser settings. If you turn off your cookies, some of the features on the Site may not function properly.
3. Information Third Parties Provide About You
We supplement the information we collect about you through the Site with records received from third parties in order to enhance our ability to serve you. For example, the service provider that processes orders for Spytech shares your order information, but not payment information, with us, which we then use for download and product licensing management.
4. Information You Provide To A Third Party
CHILDREN'S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT COMPLIANCE
We do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. The Site, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older. If you are under the age of 13, you are not authorized to use the Site.
How Do We Use Personal Data We Collect
We use the information we collect to serve you and improve your experience on the Site. These purposes include:
- Proper operation and management of our products and product licensing
- Responding to requests for information
- Responding to requests for product quotes
- Responding to technical support questions and concerns
- Improving our products and services
- Responding to questions and feedback
- Conducting market research and analysis
- Continuously evaluating and improving the online user experience
- Network and information security
- Fraud prevention
- Reporting suspected criminal acts
- Compliance with the law or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Spytech, our users, or others
Your personal data is never used to transmit unsolicited spam, emails, messages, or offers.
We retain your personal data for the duration of the customer relationship, if any. Email correspondence is deleted after one year. Helpdesk tickets submitted for support via the Site are deleted after 30 days of inactivity by the customer/user.
How Do We Share Personal Data We Collect
We do not sell or rent your personal data to third parties. The following are some of the ways we may share your personal data:
Third-Party Service Providers
We only share your personal information with select third-parties for specific reasons. The following are types of third-party service providers with which we share your personal data and our purpose for doing so:
- Data Analytics: We retain third-party service providers to help us perform data analytics regarding your interactions with the Site. For example, Google Analytics may track what pages users visit on the Site and how long they stay there to determine how users use the Site.
- Legal Advice: We may disclose your personal data to an attorney in the process of obtaining legal advice.
- Advertising Platforms: We may disclose the fact that you visited the Site to advertising networks so that they can show you Spytech advertisements on other websites and platforms. These services can help us tailor advertising that we think may be of interest to you based on your use of the Site and to otherwise collect and use data about your use of the Site. For example, you may see ads on Google or Bing search engines regarding our software more frequently after visting the Site.
We may be required to share personal data in a court proceeding, in response to a court order, subpoena, civil discovery request, other legal process, or as otherwise required by law.
Legal Compliance and Protections
We may disclose account and other personal data when we believe disclosure is necessary to comply with the law or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Spytech, our users, or others. This includes exchanging personal data with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We reserve the right to disclose and transfer your data, including your personal data:
- To a subsequent owner, co-owner, or operator of the Site or successor database.
- In connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, the sale of substantially all of our membership interests and/or assets or other corporate change, including to any prospective purchasers.
How Do We Protect Personal Data We Collect
The security and confidentiality of your personal data is important to us. We have technical, administrative, and physical security measures in place to protect your personal data from unauthorized access or disclosure and improper use.
For example, we restrict access to your personal data. Only employees who need the personal data to perform a specific job (for example, a customer service representative) are granted access to personal data. Employees with access to personal data are kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices.
Please note that despite our reasonable efforts, no security measure is ever perfect or impenetrable, so we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data.
Information Specific to Non-U.S. Users
1. All locations outside of the United States
The personal data collected through the Site is downloaded to a server maintained by Spytech in the United States. Spytech will comply with requests to exercise individual data rights in accordance with applicable law. You can contact us
to request to exercise your data rights.
2. European Economic Area and Switzerland
The information in this section, as well as the information in the section above titled "All locations outside of the United States", applies to users in the European Economic Area and Switzerland (collectively, the "EEA").
Individuals in the EEA ("EEA Individuals") are not required by statute or by contract to provide any personal data to the Site. Spytech will not use EEA Individuals' personal data submitted through the Site for automated decision-making, including profiling, which produces legal effects or similarly significantly affects the EEA Individual.
Cross-Border Data Transfers
The personal data collected through the Site will be transferred to the United States. The recipients of personal data collected through the Site are located in the United States or in the country where the data was collected. The European Commission has not issued a determination that the United States ensures an adequate level of protection for personal data.
Legal Bases For Processing
Spytech processes your personal data with your consent and as required by law. In addition, Spytech processes your personal data as necessary for the performance of the customer relationship, for example, when responding to sales queries and offering product suggestions, at your request, before entering into a contract with you. For example, if you ask us for quotes for products and services you are interested in buying, we may send them to you. Spytech also processes personal data as necessary for its legitimate interests as follows:
- Network and information security, fraud prevention, and reporting suspected criminal acts: In the event of fraud, a security incident, or a suspected criminal act, we would examine personal data that appeared to be linked to the incident as necessary to determine what happened, remediate, report to the authorities, and prevent a recurrence.
EEA Individuals have the right to access their personal data collected by the Site and to request that Spytech update, correct, or delete their personal data as provided by applicable law. EEA Individuals also have the right to object to, or restrict, Spytech's processing of their personal data.
In addition, EEA Individuals have the right to data portability concerning their personal data. Subject to certain limitations, the right to data portability allows EEA Individuals to obtain from Spytech, or to ask Spytech to send to a third party, a digital copy of the personal data that they provided to the Site. EEA Individuals' right to access their personal data includes their right to receive a copy of all, or a portion, of their personal data in Spytech's possession as long as Spytech's providing the personal data would not adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
EEA Individuals can exercise these rights by contacting Spytech
. Spytech will respond to such requests in accordance with applicable data protection law. If EEA Individuals believe that their personal data has been processed in violation of applicable data protection law, they have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant data protection authority in the country where they reside, where they work, or where the alleged violation occurred.
EEA Individuals may contact Spytech
, at any time, to withdraw their consent for the processing of their personal data where Spytech requires their consent as a legal basis for processing their personal data. Any withdrawal will apply only prospectively, and Spytech will continue to retain the personal data that EEA Individuals provided before they withdrew their consent for as long as allowed or required by applicable law.
In addition, you may cancel or modify the email communications you have chosen to receive from Spytech by following the instructions contained in emails from us. Alternatively, you may contact Spytech
with your request, stating what email addresses you wish not to receive Spytech emails. Within a reasonable period, we shall ensure that such email addresses are unsubscribed.